Comcast and Google today announced the launch of the YouTube app on Xfinity X1 across the country later this year. The YouTube integration on X1 will provide customers the ability to seamlessly navigate and access the entire YouTube catalog of billions of videos alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their Xfinity TV subscription all from one location.
X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout Xfinity On Demand. Included in the integration, will be the universal voice control feature for searching content on YouTube.
The X1 voice remote will give customers the ability to access YouTube content in the following ways:
- Launch the YouTube app by simply saying “YouTube” into the X1 voice remote.
- Browse featured YouTube content alongside other On Demand movies and shows.
- Search for movie trailers or TV show clips by saying, “Show me Adam Levine clips from ‘The Voice’ on YouTube,“ or “YouTube, find ‘The LEGO Movie’ trailer.”
- Access hundreds of thousands of music videos by saying, “Show me Ariana Grande videos on YouTube,” or “Watch Katy Perry’s ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ on YouTube.”
- Or search millions of user-generated videos like dinner recipes and workout routines by saying, “YouTube, show me chicken recipes,” or “Find yoga videos on YouTube.”
For more information about the YouTube app on Xfinity X1, read the full announcement here: http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-to-launch-youtube-on-xfinity-x1